(1) The dual enrollment program is the enrollment of an eligible secondary student or home education student in a postsecondary course creditable toward a career and technical certificate or an associate or baccalaureate degree.
(10)(a) Dual enrollment program for home education students consists of the enrollment of an eligible home education secondary student in a postsecondary course creditable toward an associate degree, a career or technical certificate, or a baccalaureate degree. To participate in the dual enrollment program, an eligible home education secondary student must:
1. Provide proof of enrollment in a home education program pursuant to s. 1002.41.
2. Be responsible for his or her own instructional materials and transportation unless provided for otherwise.
(b) Each technical center, community college, and state university shall:
1. Delineate courses and programs for dually enrolled home education students. Courses and programs may be added, revised, or deleted at any time.
2. Identify eligibility criteria for home education student participation, not to exceed those required of other dually enrolled students.
(14) Instructional materials assigned for use within dual enrollment courses shall be made available to dual enrollment students from Florida public high schools free of charge. This subsection shall not be construed to prohibit a community college from providing instructional materials at no cost to a home education student or student from a private school. Students enrolled in postsecondary instruction not creditable toward a high school diploma shall not be considered dual enrollments and shall be required to assume the cost of instructional materials necessary for such instruction.